Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 29, 2011

This one is for you Husker Fans

Being that I go to a school in #Nebraska, #Huskers football has gradually become apart of my life whether I want it to be or not. I am writing this giving all my honest opinions and thoughts, many people may disagree but just know I'm not trying to dog on the Huskers. So here you go Husker fans, here is what I think the 2011 college football season has in store for you.

The Huskers are entering their first year as a school in the big ten conference, and it most definitely won't be an easy one, considering they have played in the Big 12 North. I hate to break it to you, but you aren't going to have teams in this conference that you can just walk all over. That being said, you will still be at the top of the conference, winning it however won't be easy.
You do start the season off with a "free be" against Tennessee at Chattanooga and then play Fresno State at Memorial stadium as well. My only problem with this is that how will the team come out in week three against Washington? Sure you guys are pissed that they beat you in your bowl game last year, but Nebraska is a team known to come out not ready to play against teams they should beat. That being said, I do believe the Huskers begin the season 4-0. Then it gets a little shaky for me, as you guys enter into Big Ten play starting off against Wisconsin, who in my opinion is the team to beat in the Big Ten. The Badgers play well at home, they are well coached, and play old fashioned football consisting of hard hits, and running the ball with double tight end sets that wear down defenses. Plus it's a nationally televised game which the Huskers seem to struggle with that extra hype. Wisconsin will hand the Huskers their first loss of the season.
Your next game is against Ohio State at Memorial, which a lot people believe Ohio State will win, I on the other hand think you guys get the job done especially if you guys lose to Wisconsin. That extra fuel from losing to the Badgers will help the Huskers pull out a close one.
The following week at Minnesota should be no problem for Nebraska as they move to a 6-1 record. The following week Michigan St comes into Lincoln for yet another hard hitting Big Ten grudge match. The Spartans are coming off a very impressive 2010 football season and are currently preseason ranked 17th in the AP poll. I think Nebraska may have trouble putting up points against a fast Mich St. defense which eventually lead to the Huskers second loss of the season.
Upset alert!! Naaa NorthWestern won't be able to beat Nebraska in Lincoln, not enough talent to win on the road. The Huskers now sit at 7-2 going into University Park to play Penn State, which is arguably the hardest and loudest place to play in the nation. Can the Huskers handle it? I believe the Lions pull off an upset at home and hand the Huskers there third loss of the season.
As for the remaining two games against Michigan and Iowa, I think Nebraska wins both putting their overall record at 9-3 which isn't bad at all. Michigan is rebuilding with a new head coach and their defense will still be terrible this year and I'm sorry Iowa fans but you guys over achieved all last season and now you lost a great number of key players.

So there you have it, Nebraska has a great shot to make an instant impact on the Big Ten, and though I'm not a fan, I am anxious to see how everything turns out for the "Skers".

-Sink

No comments:

Post a Comment