Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Football is back and tiger making a come back

So after the lockout ended what was the first thing that came to your mind? Your favorite team's first preseason game? Training camp? Will Farve make another comeback? Well, the first thing that came to my mind was where will all these big name free agents land? Big names such as Reggie Bush, Sidney Rice, Chad Ochocinco, and even Plaxico Burress found new places to play in the 2011 NFL season. With so many teams having to spend so much money this offseason, this seems to present a new and fresh start to the already successful NFL. Fans are more anxious than ever and its only the beginning of August. If anything, the NFL lockout helped the NFL and its fan base. People are excited about football again, and yes fantasy football freaks can begin doing endless research to regain their throne at the top of their fantasy leagues. So many switches in the league have me thinking, is there really a front runner? Essentially I have to put the "Pack" (Greenbay) as the favorite but after that its a toss up for who the other top teams in both the NFC and AFC are going to be. But I do have to pick a few front runners in both the AFC and NFC. The Jets, Patriots, Colts, Ravens, and Steelers are my top five in the AFC and the Packers, Eagles, Falcons, Saints, and Giants in the NFC. Again at this point in time, we really can't make accurate predictions for this upcoming NFL season. All I can say is, are you ready for some football!!!??

And for another top story in sports, Tiger Woods tees off at Firestone where he has won 7 times in his career, but is he on his way to winning his first tournament in 2 years? In my opinion, I think thats exactly why he picked this tourney to make his return. Sure he had health issues with his knee and achilles, but this is a place where Tiger is used to winning and winning big. Mentally this is exactly what Tiger needs, a place of comfort, a course that he has dominated time and time again. His focus seems to be back, along with his health, the third and final piece to this puzzle is Tiger remembering what its like to win. I don't care what anyone says, the guy is still the scariest man on a golf course, and if Firestone turns out to be his comeback party, then golfers better look out. Once Tiger gets going, he is like a freight train, there is no stopping him.

Its been awhile since I last posted on my blog but I hope to become more active this fall with voicing my opinions on sports news on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment