Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

DJ's Dugout, the Prime Time Spot


Now for my final sports bar, I chose DJ's Dugout. This sports bar has the total package but what I enjoyed most was the college football environment and atmosphere. For all you Nebraska Huskers fans out there, this is the place for you to watch your team. Each saturday, the place fills with red and white, and whether its an afternoon game or night game, the fans remain there to show their team spirit. They pass out raffle tickets while the game is going on and hand out free Nebraska gear during commercial breaks. This was the first thing that caught my eye in the bar. Being a Notre Dame fan, my friends and I went up into the upper loft part of the restaurant to watch the Irish game. Since DJ's is so big and has so many tvs, college football fans have the opportunity to watch a variety of different games. Now to the important part, the food. Like the Moon, the food at DJ's is like most bar food...greasy, fried, and perfect with a cold beer while watching your team play. As you guys know from my other two posts, I love wings and DJ's wings hit the spot for me. With the option to pick from 13 different flavors, one has the opportunity to try a few different sauces. I went with the Jamaican Jerk, and Buffalo Style hot, and both had just the right kick and flavor to satisfy my taste buds. Their wings are a little pricy compared to other places, but to me it was worth it. Did I mention, that you also have to choice to get either regular or boneless wings? For me its all about the classic wing, but for others who don't like trying to eat around the chicken bone, boneless wings are the perfect solution. The menu has a lot of variety to it, but for the most part, its like most classic sports bars. You got your burgers, chicken sandwiches, appetizers, and drink specials. One recommendation I suggest is to go with a group of your friends, probably sometime during the weekend when you have time to sit down and watch a game on the big screen, and instead of making all separate orders, choose a 3 or 4 appetizers to share as a group. I would go with the nachos, chicken strips, quesadillas, and of course the hot wings. A great combination that should make everyone happy in your group. DJ's Dugout is located in Downtown Omaha at 10th and Capitol. A few specials to keep in mind are mondays where it's burger-mania, buy one burger get one free. Also 40 cent wing Wednesdays and specials on Rib Tip meals and 5 dollar bloody marys on saturdays.

-Sink

No comments:

Post a Comment