Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 5, 2011

Final JRM322 Post: what I learned in Feature Writing

My feature writing class was everything I expected and more. From frequently updating our blogs to writing a profile story, I was able to experience the many different aspects and benefits of feature writing. I would have to say my favorite blogs were usually the free style ones, but one of my favorite pieces we had to write a blog post about was the personal essay written by the sister of Steve Jobs. Not only did I enjoy learning more about Jobs himself, but the personal interaction in the personal essay was a great example on how to write a good personal essay.
I learned that with the constant changes in media and journalism today, there are multiple ways to get your work out there for others to read. There are blogs out there on just about anything. Twitter continues to grow and be a primary source of breaking news and Facebook still leads the charge of social media.
Feature writing has shown me the many aspects that go into writing good stories that people will be interested in reading. Reviews, profiles, personal essays, and even blogging are all ways to practice and make your writing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment