Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 18, 2010

NCAA Hoops: changes in my top 5

A few weeks ago I gave you my top 5 teams in NCAA basketball. The list went like this; 1. Kansas Jayhawks, 2. Syracuse Orangmen, 3. Villanova Wildcats, 4. Kentucky Wildcats, 5. Texas Longhorns.

Now I would like to make a few changes, first off I want to switch Villianova and Kentucky. Since their loss to South Carolina, Kentucky has responded well, especially with a big win against Tennessee this past week. They may be young, but they sure are talented. The only thing I want to say more is that they play in the SEC, one of basketball's worst conferences this year. The lack of competition may hurt them in the long run, but I still believe they deserve my number 3 spot.

That moves Villanova to 4.

My final change is to kick Texas out of my top five. Better yet kick them out of my top ten. Since the loss to Kansas State a few weeks ago, the Longhorns have done the exact opposite of impress me. Their latest loss came last night to an unranked Missouri team. They have failed to live up to any expectations I had of them, therefore they get the boot out of my top 5.

Who takes their place? This was a tough decision, but I'm going with the Duke Blue Devils. Number 1 in the ACC, and number 6 in the AP polls, Duke seems to have found their swag. Even on days when their shooting is lacking they have found ways to win games, mainly with hard nosed defense. The question is will Coach K have them ready to play come the Big Dance. Recent years have showed Duke going out earlier than predicted. We will see if that trend changes come March.

My revised top 5 looks like ->1. Kansas Jayhawks, 2. Syracuse Orangmen, 3. Kentucky Wildcats, 4. Villanova Wildcats, 5. Duke Blue Devils

Other notable teams that missed out on my top 5.
Michigan State, Purdue, West Virginia, Georgetown, Kansas State

No comments:

Post a Comment